Review of compensatory harvest theory; Harvesting populations within a community; Trophic interactions; Trophic cascades; Stable states; Evolutionary effects of fishing and hunting; Management trade-offs; Case studies.
B.Sc. Honours understanding of population and community ecology.
- Understanding the extant theory of harvesting
- Understanding of the latest research of secondary effects of population harvesting.
- Ability to critically evaluate the efficacy of current methods to incorporate secondary effects.
- Understanding of the implications for optimal population harvesting.
- Understanding of how secondary impacts can be accounted for